BankiFi launched in January 2018 to offer financial institutions a consent centric platform with business and corporate solutions that enables the banks to go ‘beyond an open experience’ promise with relevant offerings to their client base in terms of time, location and context.
Today we are looking for a Technical Tech Lead to develop our activities.
If you want to work with a small team in building a world-class product, to be a part of an environment where you can learn from the best and can be a mentor to others. If you'd like to give presentations at meetups and conferences and build your personal profile. And have the opportunity to further develop your career as we grow our new job opening for a Technical Tech Lead is for you !
What do we like to see
- You enjoy participating in the full life-cycle of the software product - from idea and design, via implementation and user interface, to operational considerations.
- You are able to write clean code, take pride in your work and value simplicity, testing and productivity as part of your daily routine.
- You embrace new languages and frameworks, containers and cloud, and are not afraid to dig deep and learn new things all the time.
- You thrive on leading and coordinating the technology teams, including facilitating technology and methodology decision making throughout the team
- You enjoy actively driving the development life-cycle to coordinate releases and manage the product roadmap.
- You have an inquisitive mind, often exploring inner workings of the tools and libraries you use to understand how they work.
The skills you need to have
- A demonstrable understanding of best practices in software engineering, including TDD, Agile Development and Continuous Integration
- A proficiency in at least one of JVM language, preferably Scala
- A good understanding of basic devops practices and containers including Docker
- Familiarity with Linux environment
And if possible you have
- Experience with at least one cloud provider AWS/Azure/IBM
- An understanding of Kubernetes
- An understanding of NoSQL databases
- An understanding of reactive programming
What we offer you
- A competitive salary
- A high-spec laptop on arrival (MacBook of course)
- Pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- A cool office in the city centre of Manchester and thus..
- ...never too far from the busting Manchester bars